1) We celebrated Emma's 5th birthday this weekend with our very first slumber party - she was allowed to invite 5 friends her age since she's 5. As it got closer, I wondered if I was a little crazy, but it turned out great! The girls had a blast & even all slept through the night. One key I have learned(for those of you considering this option), is to keep things as scheduled as possible :). It cuts down on the general craziness! It is so hard to believe Emma is 5! For some reason 5 sounds so big - maybe also because so many of her friends have started kindergarten and I am realizing I have one more year left with her at home. She is a precious girl & we are thoroughly enjoying her..jpg)
3. The girls have started at a new pre-school this year, and so far, we are loving it! Emma is in a class for kids who are older, but not old enough for kindergarten & she thinks it is wonderful. We are so blessed that our friend Miss Anita gets to be her teacher. She is learning a lot & I think will be more than ready for kindergarten next year. It's Addie's first year in pre-school, and we have been thankful for how well she has adjusted. She constantly talks about "cool"(school) and how "I take turns!" in class. Obviously, they're working on some things :).
4. Corey, aka The Mighty Hunter, returned from elk hunting in Idaho victorious! He had a great time with his dad & brother & we were all glad he was able to bring home the prize.
5. On a related note, I am up for Wife of the Year after sweetly agreeing to deliver the rotting carcass to our friendly neighborhood taxidermist. I join the ranks of other such notable wives as my friend Becky. Can anyone else relate? My favorite part of the story is that I had to run a few errands before I could make it back to deliver the head and Corey's first concern was, "You have to be really careful - people will steal it out of the back of the truck." My response, "Yes, unless you are at Hobby Lobby at 10 am on a Thursday morning. Those other moms won't be tempted."
6. While Corey was off on his adventure in Idaho, the girls and I joined my parents and my sister Holly and Canon in Destin, FL for a little adventure of our own! My mom came here to fly with me and I must say I can't imagine possibly flying alone with 2 young children. Yikes! But we had a great week at the beach and my girls loved splashing in the ocean, digging up little clams when the waves rolled back and playing in the sand. When asked what her favorite part of the beach was, Emma said, "The hot tub." Nice! One friend asked if we had a fun, relaxing vacation - I said fun, definitely, but
relaxing, not a chance! Traveling with 2 small kids is as much or more work as being at home, but a change of scenery is so nice. Plus, I love being with my family & it was such a bonus to get to spend a week with them, especially my 4 month old nephew Canon. You can't fully appreciate it in this photo, but he has the cutest red hair! I love it! I'll post more pictures of the trip when I get them, but these are a few favorites. 
7. In other family news, I am 30 weeks along! It's finally seeming like we're nearing the end. This pregnancy has seemed much longer than the other two for some reason. Plus, I think chasing two monkeys around has increased my tiredness. The big news is, we have finally named this child! Her name is Lila Ann Russell. It took a while to find a name we liked as much as the first two so she wouldn't feel like she got the leftovers name-wise! She is moving around like crazy and has somehow figured out how to get so low in my tummy that it feels like she's trying to make an early entrance! It makes me feel better to know we have 10 weeks at the most until we meet her. Now, for the to-do list...
12 comments:
Wow 30 weeks! I know you are close and you are following my schedule last year but 30 weeks seems so soon to me! I love the name and love all of the pictures.
I am so glad you updated!
Hey! SO excited Holly told me about your blog!
The picture of you and your girls is BEAUTIFUL!!!!
I didn't know you had a name!!! I LOVE it!!! I can't wait to meet little Lila! It was fun going through your updates! Good to see the slumber party turned out like it did---very impressive, my friend! Miss you and love you!
WOW! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks. I LOVE the name. It is precious! What a fun vacation with family too! Love all the pictures.The girls are precious, as always. So glad you updated. I can't imagine flying on a plane with my 2 children by myself either...glad you had your mom to help. :)
Happy 5th Birthday Emma! What a fun party.
Happy birthday sweet Emma! We sure love you! Sounded like a fun slumber party! I got the play by play. :) I can't wait to meet sweet Lila!!!
Love the name! pictures. Love the party. Love those girls! Now post some pictures so I can see your belly. I have hardly even seen you pregnant. So sad. . . Missing you! Guess what? We'll be in Ft. Worth for Halloween. Our plan is to arrive in town just in time to roll into RHCC's Fall Fest (with the kids in costume of course.) Will you be there?
what a sweet name...that was one of our favorites but we had a boy! :-) your girls are so pretty and getting so big!
So happy to get an update! You have been busy! The pics are great - looks like you have been having lots of fun with these girls! I love the name Lila. Can hardly wait to meet her - I can't believe she is coming so soon! Hugs to all!
Precious pictures! The beach ones are gorgeous. We are counting down the days to meet our newest cousin - Lila will be so loved!
Hannah had a wonderful time at her first slumber party! Good to catch up on your life and I love the name you have picked out!
Oh, I so remember those last few weeks with a low-riding baby inside and a 5 and 3 year old running around. Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. I think life was much better and easier once I had my body back and could move around efficiently with a newborn!! Blessings, and those are some beautiful pictures (LOVE the one of you and the two girls) and some even more beautiful little girls . .Lila Ann has no choice but to be absolutely stunning!! Blessings . .
I'm so excited I found your blog. Nothing beats three girls! It is more tiring than I could ever imagine but also so very much fun! I love reading about your ladies!
Post a Comment