Tuesday, April 18, 2006



























Easter in San Antonio

I'm sitting here enjoying a few quiet moments...alone! It's a rare luxury & I'm trying to enjoy relaxing, but also get as many things done as possible during my few days alone while Emma spends time with my parents in San Antonio. I think the "nesting" phase has officially begun in this pregnancy & I'm having the urge to do all kinds of projects that have been on the back burner for far too long. I'm officially 28 weeks pregnant & on the downhill road!

We had a wonderful Easter weekend with my family at "The Ranch" and I couldn't resist sharing a few of my favorite photos from the last few days. Emma is in heaven at the Ranch - between riding the gator (4 wheel drive vehicle!), feeding the cows, petting the baby chicks & generally enjoying freedom to explore the wonderful world around her, she couldn't be happier. Also, the constant attention of Mama De & Papa is a big plus.

This first photo is of Emma eating a cupcake we made together before we left. She helped put the sprinkles on (she called them marshmallows) & had a unique way of eating it - chocolate & sprinkles first, with a little cupcake attached. Then she would very politely ask, "more chocolate & marshmallows please!" It was so cute, I obliged twice, and then thought better of it!

Next is a document of our Sea World outing - our third time in about a year, but Corey's first trip. It is so much fun to watch Emma enjoying it! My mom's friend owns a fancy bus & she always drives us there so we can have a nice air conditioned place to come back to to eat lunch & relax away from the crowds - this in itself is almost as exciting to Emma as Sea World itself. But when asked what her favorite part of Sea World was, Emma replied it was when Shamu splashed us - funny, because she cried & cried when it actually happened! She also loves the dolphins and sea lions & did not want to go until she saw the sea lion show.

I'm still trying to figure out this whole blog thing, so forgive me if I get all this stuff in the wrong order or put the pictures in strange places or something! I have to include a couple of our actual Easter celebration - Emma, being the oldest of all the babies present had a heyday gathering the eggs in her basket & was very protective of them! She had a lot of fun trying to swing the stick at the pinata, but mostly she enjoyed carrying around the bunny & the baby chicks in a little basket! All in all, I think she loved it! We talked a lot about what Easter really means, but I'm not sure if it really sunk in - I think I'll need to do a better job next year in balancing the excitement of all the fun kid stuff with the truth of the story. Its such a challenge!

Though I am enjoying my days of freedom, I must admit my house is a little too empty, too quiet without my baby here. I think the Lord has been trying to remind me that my days of having her all by herself are drawing to a close, and though I am growing more & more anxious to meet this little girl that is beating me up from the inside, I am a little saddened to think Emma won't be my baby anymore. I hope I can keep that perspective as I grow bigger & slower & more uncomfortable & the frustrations of my strong willed child wear on my nerves! I hope I will not grow weary of this job that is also my life and my passion & that I will see the blessings that each day brings...

2 comments:

angie c said...

Hey guys!!!!!!!! Angie (Fuller) Conway here...I stumbled on your blog and I'm soo happy you have one...it never occured to me to ask! It's great to see pictures of you two and Emma. She is the cutest! We have a blog of Nora www.kevinandangie.blogspot.com
so you can see pictures of her. Can't wait to see pictures of your new one, too. Do you have a name, yet? I look forward to frequenting your page! Love y'all.
angie

Shelly said...

These are the greatest pictures! What a little cutie. I can't believe how old she is looking. Hard to believe you're going to have another one running around before too long! Love you---